I hang out at...

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

R.I.P. Larry Norman

From LarryNorman.com
Our friend and my wonderful brother Larry passed away at 2:45 Sunday morning [February 24, 2008]. Kristin and I were with him, holding his hands and sitting in bed with him when his heart finally slowed to a stop. We spent this past week laughing, singing, and praying with him, and all the while he had us taking notes on new song ideas and instructions on how to continue his ministry and art.

Larry was a real ground breaker. It's tragic what happened to him later in life (and I'm not even sure what happened to him).

But he really opened a lot of doors for Jesus Rock and a lot of minds to what church should be about.

And dared to ask the question, Why should the Devil have all the good music?

Rest in piece Larry, in the arms of your Loving Father. I hope you found the peace that eluded you in the later years of your life.

You are no longer "Only Visiting This Planet", you are now "In Another Land".

Update:
Interview on NPR with Larry's brother, Charles.
Entertainment Weekly article

Thanks to Dan Roth of ChurchMedia.net for the links.

No comments: